I absolutely LOVE Mexican food, so the menu on my birthday bash was easy to plan. Quesedillas, Nachos, Guacamole, Enchiladas, YUM! Okay, that totally sounded like a phrase from the song ‘Salsa Tequila’, haha. Anywho, I thought I’d share the recipes, everything is super easy to make. The only thing I found stressful was to have everything hot at the same time when my guests arrived, hence the burned enchiladas, hah. Luckily they tasted super yummy either way.
- You need: Big tortillas, chicken, Philadelphia cheese and grated cheese.
- Slice the chicken in small pieces and cook it. You can add taco spice if you want, but I think it’s best all natural. Cover the tortilla with a thin layer of Philadelhia cheese, then put chicken and grated cheese on one half. Flip it over, and put it in a pan on low heat. When it’s light brown, flip it over on the other side and cook it some more. Slice it in four pieces, and do the same thing with the rest of the tortillas. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. This is SO good!!
- For two bowls you need: 3 big fresh avocados, garlic, chili, tomato, coriander and lemon juice
- Chop the garlic, chili, coriander and tomato in tiny pieces. You can also add some chopped yellow onion if you want. Smash the avocados with a fork, and mix it all together. Finish with adding some juice from a lemon (don’t overdo it), and seasoning with salt and pepper. I’m an avocado-junkie, so guacamole is one of the best things I know. You can mix it all together in a blender, but I like it best when it’s a bit chunky and just smashed with a fork.
- You need: Nachos chips, ground beef, taco powder and grated cheese (I used regular white and cheddar, the combo is so good)
- Cover a baking tray with nachos chips. Cook the meat and mix it with taco powder and water. Cover the nachos chips with the meat, and then drizzle lots of cheese on top. Put it in the oven until the cheese is melted, and serve immediately.
- You need: Cucumber, tomato, avocado, lettuce, corn, a big yellow onion, nachos chips, cheese
- Chop everything and mix it. Crush some nachos chips in your hands and add them, they bring the perfect crunch. You can also mix ground beef into the mix, but since everything else was so filling I skipped it this time.
- You need: Sprite Zero, vodka, mint leaves, lots of lime, crushed ice. Add chopped peach if you want a little sweet taste. And you need to be 20 years old or older, of course!
- Crush ice, and fill the glasses with it. Put mint leaves in between all the ice. Then pour your wanted amount of vodka in the glasses, and fill the rest up with Sprite Zero. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into each drink. You can slice the lime and add them to the drinks too, which I forgot yesterday. The lime juice was enough, though. If you want a sweeter taste, chop up a few peaches and add them to the mix. These drinks are SO ridiculously good, and pretty much 100% sugarfree! I ended up making these all the time, every time someone were finished with theirs I ran and made new ones, haha. I actually ended up switching my regular bottle of wine with only these drinks, and I almost weren’t hungover today!! They say vodka doesn’t make you hungover, and I think I can second that!
The enchiladas I just made from a kit :) Everyone loved the food, myself included. Mexican food is just the best I can get!
This is such an easy menu, and who doesn’t love Mexican food?